dinsdag 20 november 2007

Singapore 2007


Now with this visit I must start telling you about the food. I think personally this is the best place in the world to eat. In Singapore there are many local people that originate from Indonesia, India, Malaysia and China that influence the food, each with there own specialties. To give you an example: Chinese food is normally not spicy, but when it mixes up with other countries influences it taste absolutely fabulous. In my hotel, again for business, there was a Chinese Cantonese restaurant which I think is the best Chinese food that I have ever eaten in my entire live. Basically no Mather where you eat you will walk around for 1+ hours with that taste of fresh herbs and spices in your mouth (even when you are at work where they ordered sushi).


If you ever visit Singapore you must definitely visit the food market near to China town. This market is outside and provides all kinds of food which is prepared in front of you, like sate, fried rice, fresh fish and all kinds off seafood(to much variety to write down). You can either choose to visit the stands by your self or you sit down in a zone which belongs to certain waiters that bring you the food.




Singapore is very well organized and contains a lot of government rules that will make sure it stays that way. I must say that we should adapt some of those rules in our own country. The streets are clean and you feel somehow safe even at night. I picked up people saying that Singapore is Asia for beginners. There is a lot of western influence and a lot of money is invested. Let's hope that this will not influence the way the food is these days with respect to pricing and quality.



The temperature in Singapore is compared to living in a oven (actually this line with respect to the oven was used by someone, which is currently a good friend of mine, who lives in Singapore. I hope he doesn't mind that I borrowed his expression in my blog since I think that hits the spot. This visit was the first time I was over exposed to shopping facilities, especially electronics. We (me and a colleague) managed to see some nature in a park which was full of flowers and trees, which is actually pretty nice when you are in a city which normally only consist of buildings, shopping malls and hotels. Normally in my country when I walk in a park and there is a lake most of the time ducks start approaching me for bread, but in this park turtles came begging for food.



1 opmerking:

dzan zei

yo....hemm..Singapore is a FINE city...where u can get hefty fine(s) for breaking the law.

we do have freedom..but w little choice...except for the FOOD - we r spoilt with choices.

yup..most time..it is like an Oven..though it never go beyond 35 deg celcius. and just yesterday 28 Nov..there were flash flood in few parts of the city. can u beat that?

the next time come over. do call me... we'll climb a mountain..in neighbouring countries.